Infertility is a very complex and far reaching problem that affects both men and women at a physical and psychological level. It is defined as a condition where the body is unable to produce healthy sperm or ovum; and this is a medical condition that can be treated in most cases. However, even the best IVF doctors in Mumbai, Delhi, and other big cities of India have to face additional social problems apart from the medical aspect of things. Infertility is often seen as the fault of the woman instead of any possibility of the man being infertile.
The best infertility doctors in Mumbai not only treat married couples; but also work with single women and same sex couples who seek to start a family. This means that medical infertility treatment and procedures like IVF or IUI may not be on the same page. While IVF and IUI are methods to get pregnant which may be applicable in cases of infertility; being infertile is an individual physical problem. To better understand the depth of this subject, let us identify reasons why a person may become infertile –
- The condition can develop out of long-term injury to the reproductive organs.
- The male may have unusual or weak sperm, which is like any other physical condition like weak muscles or nerves.
- Women may have abnormal conditions in their vagina, cervix, uterus, or ovaries.
- Certain long term medications can result in unexpected infertility.
- Many of the best infertility clinics in Mumbai have identified cases where psychological factors are actually to blame!
- Infertility may be due to a number of conditions like diabetes, hypertension, or anemia.
- Infections or illnesses like jaundice and hepatitis have been known to affect fertility.
- Hormonal imbalances and hidden conditions like polycystic testes/ovaries are some of the most common reasons for infertility in men and women.
By studying these above common causes for infertility; it can be easy to see that these may affect either the man or the women. Scientists have also discovered that global warming and pollution have a strong hand in the rise of infertility in the last few decades. If you consult the best IVF doctors in Mumbai; they should first test and treat you for infertility before trying to achieve a medically aided pregnancy. This is something quite important for a patient to understand, because it is a clear indication that you are getting the right treatment! Fertility should be treated individually; while IVF or IUI are always options for starting a family.
An active lifestyle and healthy diet help making the body more fertile and virile; but certain conditions like injuries and illness may permanently affect your fertility. IVF or IUI treatments have become very advanced over time, and there is a high success rate amongst the best infertility doctors in Mumbai. However, while pregnancy is still possible with a healthy female body; the fertility issues themselves may not be resolved. There are also certain cases where surrogacy or adoption is the more practical option for the couple wishing to start a family.