IVF(In-vitro fertilization) is the most common fertility treatment performed these days in which egg and sperm are combined manually outside the body in a laboratory dish. Let’s have a look at 7 ways in which IVF benefits to infertile couples :
1. Blockages or damage in fallopian tube: Some women have blockages or damage in fallopian tube which doesn’t allow sperm to reach egg in uterus. For such women IVF provides option of having their own baby by fertilizing egg in laboratory and then placing the embryo back in uterus. The key advantage of IVF is it’s not necessary to put embryo in mother’s body always, you can use surrogacy if there are some complications with mother.
2. You can use donated eggs and sperm: In men, when sperm is not motile or sperm count is less, need of donated sperm may arise. In case of female when they fail to produce egg, donated egg can be used. Egg can be fertilized with sperm manually in lab to form an embryo and can be used in IVF treatment. IVF doctors says that chances of getting pregnant are very high in IVF as compared to other methods.
3. You can have baby according to your timings: With IVF you can have control over when do you want to have the baby as per best IVF doctors in Mumbai . If you want to set your career first and want to postpone pregnancy, that is also fine. Eggs or embryos can be cryopreserved for future use. You can choose a time when you want to be pregnant.
4. Screening for inherited diseases : IVF doctors in Mumbai recommends IVF to people who have genetic disorders like cystic fibrosis, Huntington’s disease and muscular dystrophy running in their family. Preimplantation genetic diagnosis(PGD) is used to ensure that these genetic disorders don’t get passed on to the child. Preimplantation genetic screening (PGS) analyzes cells from an embryo to screen for possible genetic abnormalities when there are no known genetic disorders in family.
5. Healthy Embryo: If you have more than one healthy embryo, these spare embryos can be used to help other people. If biological parents permit, unused embryo can be donated to another couple who are facing infertility. These embryos can also be used for research purposes.
6. After Chemotherapy: Women having cancer and being treated by chemotherapy can have children using IVF. Chemotherapy can damage or destroy eggs within ovaries. Best IVF doctors say it is wise if such women have their eggs harvested, frozen and saved for future attempts to have children after completion of chemotherapy.
7. Increasing Age: Women lose their fertility as they get older. After age of 30, fertility starts declining and it speeds up after 35. For such women, IVF gives better chances of having baby as compared to other treatments.
Every patient is unique so it is always better to visit the test tube baby centre in your city to get best possible solution for your infertility issue.