- Deep professional experience in Counselling in the fields of Assisted Reproduction and Fetal medicine – spread over 15+ years (since 1999)
- Assisted renowned Fetal medicine specialists in Amniocentesis, CVS and Genetic counselling for beta-thal, DMD & other genetic disorders
- Research and analytical orientation – have published several articles in Indian Medical Journal and medical books; refer Publications section below
Medical counsellor & Consultant – Fertility Associates; Mumbai – Apr 2013 – to date
Consultant – Ankoor Fertility Clinic; Mumbai – Aug 2016- to date
- As a medical counsellor helped manage mental, emotional, psycho social and psychological issues of patients undergoing ART treatment
- Employed different counselling techniques – CBT, REBT, DBT, person centered therapy, Beck’s anxiety scale, Marriage counselling & family therapy
CRA – Reliance Life Sciences (ReGenesis); Mumbai – Feb 2008- Apr 2011
Worked as a Clinical Research Assistant to the consultant of Fetal medicine Department & to the Head of the department of Infertility & Assisted reproductive techniques on a consultant basis.
Key responsibilities and achievements in the Infertility & Assisted reproductive technologies area
- Recording Case History of patients – clinical, obstetrics – performing preliminary investigations; counseling and guiding them to appropriate procedures such IVF, or IUI, or ICSI that would be beneficial to them.
- An entire case study on endometrial TB with PCR technique was done which plays an important cause in infertility along with Dr Patki which is been published.
- Successfully conducted a clinical trial on Recombinant FSH multicentric open label trial. Handled the role of sub investigator for this trial whose principal investigator was Dr. Patki – Head of the Department – from Sept 2009 till Feb 2010. The product is now successful in the market under the generic name Fostirel.
- Participated in a clinical trial for B-hCG multicentric open label trial from July 2010.
Key responsibilities in Fetal medicine
- The risk of Trisomy 13,18,21 by FMF software for Nuchal translucency along with first trimester screening & generating the risks.
- Assisting in diagnostic procedures like Amniocentesis for high risk pregnancies
- Providing Genetic counselling to patients